Book of Order Committees
The Presbytery shall have a Nominating Committee for nominating persons to serve in positions requiring election by the Presbytery (G-3.0111). The process shall ensure that nominations are made consistent with the constituency of the Presbytery and in conformity with the church’s commitment to unity in diversity. The Committee meets as necessary.
- Rev. Peter Galbraith, Chair, Teaching Elder
- Rev. Kathleen A. Nice, Teaching Elder, Transitional General Presbyter
- Mr. William Lucas, Ruling Elder
- Rev. Les Sauer, Teaching Elder
- Rev. Julie Johnson, Teaching Elder
- Ms. Juliana Boamah, Ruling Elder
- Rev. Ginny Teitt, Teaching Elder
- Ms. Libby Wetherholt, Ruling Elder
COMMITTEE ON REPRESENTATION
The Presbytery shall give full expression to the rich diversity of the church’s membership and shall provide for full participation and access to representation in decision-making and employment practices. The Committee on Representation shall fulfill responsibilities of G-3.0103.
The Presbytery shall develop procedures and mechanisms for promoting and reviewing the Presbytery’s implementation of the church’s commitment to inclusiveness and representation.
- Advise the Presbytery regarding the implementation of principles of unity and diversity
- Advocate for and hold accountable the Committee on Nominations and the Regional Commissions in regards to diversity in leadership
- Advocate and hold accountable the Presbytery and the Committee for Personnel in regards to diversity in Presbytery staffing
- The Committee on Representation shall not be merged with another committee or made a sub-committee of another committee.
The Committee meets as needed.
- Rev. Bill Gause, Stated Clerk, Teaching Elder
- Rev. Justice A. Ofosuhene, Teaching Elder
- Rev. Desiree M. Youngblood, Chair, Teaching Elder
COMMITTEE ON OVERTURES & AMENDMENTS
The Bills and Overtures Committee receives all overtures and amendments which have been referred to Presbytery and provides advice to the Presbytery regarding the action on such overtures and amendments.
PERMANENT JUDICIAL COMMISSION
The Permanent Judicial Commission shall consider and decide cases of process for the Presbytery
- Kimball Carey, Ruling Elder
- Justice Ofosuhene, Teaching Elder
- Dr. Thomas F. Rice, Teaching Elder
- Janice Hilkerbaumer, Teaching Elder
- Dennis Piermont, Chair, Ruling Elder
- Sarah Sams, Ruling Elder
- William C Acklin, Ruling Elder
- Nathan Loudon, Teaching Elder
- Tom Ridgely, Ruling Elder