Date(s) - 05/21/2019
1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
London First Presbyterian Church
We have set five opportunities to do the record review. These are:
Tuesday, May 21 1-3 PM First Presbyterian Church 211 Garfield Ave., London (Prior to Presbytery meeting)
Sunday, June 9 2-4 PM First Presbyterian Church 225 Church St., Jackson
Sunday, July 14 2-4 PM First Presbyterian Church 210 W 5th St., Marysville
Saturday, August 10 10 AM-12PM Mifflin Presbyterian Church 123 Granville St., Gahanna
Tuesday, Sept. 17 1-3 PM Liberty Presbyterian Church 7080 Olentangy River Rd., Delaware (Prior to Presbytery meeting)
The revised review form is enclosed. Please bring with you two completed copies of the three page review form to expedite the review. The specific steps in the review procedure are on the back of this notice. We invite you to bring your comments on the process so we can work together to improve the method, format and process. To download the form and cover letter: 2018 Session Records Review Form ; Session Records Review cover Letter 4.2.2019
Procedure to Prepare for and Participate in the Review
- Check the schedule for the review sites and dates. Select one that fits your calendar.
- Complete two copies the Session Records Review Form. Please make certain to fill out the City and Church Name as found the Presbytery Directory (e.g., Columbus, Christ; Stewart, New England). Bring both forms along with your Session Minutes and Church Register to the review site. You will receive back one review form copy.
- At the review, you will exchange your records with another clerk. You will verify the information on that clerk’s Session Records Review Form while that clerk verifies the information on the forms you brought.
- The Commission representative will review and record the results and stamp your minute book. You will keep your copy of the Review Form to take back with your books.
- Later, the committee will prepare a report of the churches that submitted or have not submitted their records for review. Results will be reported to the Presbytery of Scioto Valley at its November meeting.
Please contact Marquell Segelken with any questions or concerns.
Commission of Congregational Life