Nurture & Outreach Commission
The Purpose of Nurture & Outreach:
To provide and nurture educational, connectional, and outreach opportunities, which promote growth in discipleship, encourage congregational mission partnerships, and support special areas of ministry, such as peacemaking, youth and campus ministry.
Members & Contacts
- Rev. Kathleen A. Nice, Transitional General Presbyter, Teaching Elder
- Mrs. Jennifer Whitford, Certified Christian Educator, Ruling Elder
- Ms. Martha Pool, Presbyterian Women
- Ms. Tina Johnson, Ruling Elder
- Rev. Rick Nutt, Teaching Elder
- Rev. Alice L. Phillips, Teaching Elder
- Mrs. Susan Rike, Ruling Elder
- Rev Steven B. Brand, Teaching Elder
- Mr. Stephen M. Hills, Chair, Ruling Elder
- Rev. Amy House, Teaching Elder
- Rev. Diane Baldwin, Teaching Elder
- Rev. Mary Gene Boteler, Teaching Elder
- Ms. Susan Fisher, Ruling Elder
- Mr. Gregory Menssen, Ruling Elder
- Mrs. Paige Tolar, Ruling Elder
Presenter: Rev. Chris Roseland, Lead Mission Engagement Advisor, PMA
Utilized by member churches of the CNO commission or are recommended by another church affiliated site.
Led by Cynthia Holder Rich
Are We Just Learning to be Nice?
Nurture and Outreach Commission supports education and events for pastors, church leaders, clerk training, elders and deacons.
- The annual Partners in Education (PIE) event provides leadership training for all elders, deacons and church leaders. This event is typically held the first or second Saturday of January.
- Pre-presbytery events: The goal of pre-presbytery events is to provide programs with timely topics such as older adult ministry, environmental concerns, drug overdose awareness and other current topics.
- Resource Center:The resource center, located in the Presbytery of Scioto Valley Office provides books and resources related to worship, congregational life, devotional, age level ministries and other topics relevant to church and church life.
Matthew 25:31–46 calls all of us to actively engage in the world around us, so our faith comes alive and we wake up to new possibilities. Visit our Matthew 25 resources for more information.
Nurture and outreach commission assists congregations in mission service and stewardship and provides encouragement, guidance, grants and resources to congregations in mission, prophetic witness, leadership development, worship, evangelism and administration. Some of the ways we do this is through:
- Mission Projects
- Mission work Trips
- Self-Development of People (SDOP)
- Peacemaking Events
- Local Mission
- Global Mission
- Stewardship and Ecological Concerns
- Promotion of Peace and Social Justice
- Westside Urban Mission
- Neighborhood Mission Grant
- Peacemaking Mission Grant
- We work in conjunction with the Presbyterian Church (USA)-presbyterianmission.org
OLDER ADULT MINISTRY
The commission for nurture and outreach provides programming and coordination for older adult ministry.
- Interchange between congregations and the Presbytery of ideas and information related to older adults so that a willingness to care about Older Adult Ministries can be built up in the congregations and the Presbytery.
- The mission of the Presbytery of Scioto Valley’s Older Adult Ministry Team is to partner with congregations to provide life-enhancing programs for and with older adults.
- Provide support, resources and encouragement to all congregations, session and staff in establishing and maintaining meaningful older adult ministry programs and activities.
- Maintain a central collection of books, articles, and other related resources pertaining to the issues of older adults.
Maintain awareness of community organizations who share similar interest for information useful to congregations.
- Communicative information and a activities from OAM committee to the congregations at Presbytery meetings.
Presbyterian Older Adult Ministry Network (POAMN):
- The Presbyterian Older Adult Ministries Network actively addresses the new challenges and ever changing needs of our church’s aging membership, and advocates on behalf of our older adults. POAMN members include pastors, educators, and many others who work with older adults in our congregations, presbyteries and retirement communities.
“Presbyterian Women understands that scripture asks us to be the hands and feet of Christ in the world. As such, Presbyterian Women provides information about justice and peace and ministry to inform mission and community-building work.” –PRESBYTERIAN WOMEN’S MINISTRY WEBSITE
Visit our Presbyterian Women webpage for information and resources.
Youth Winter Retreat at Camp AkitaCamp Akita 29746 Logan-Hornsmill Rd, Logan, OH, United States
SAVE THE DATE! Presbytery Youth Retreat Saturday and Sunday, November 18 – 19, 2023Camp Akita, Logan OH Watch for Registration Late Summer Download and share: 2023 Save the Date (1) […]