Tuesday, May 21, 3:30 p.m. -7:30 p.m.
First Presbyterian Church,
211 Garfield Drive, London, OH 43140
The Commissioner Handbook is now available online at www.psvonline.org. “Supplemental Reports” refers to papers available the day of the meeting in the Registration Area and also on the website. Complete agenda and meeting details are available on the presbytery website.
- 1:30 p.m. PRE-PRESBYTERY MINUTES READING
- 2:30 p.m. PRE-PRESBYTERY TRAINING FOR NEW COMMISSIONERS. A training for new commissioners and those who would like a refresher about what goes on at a presbytery meeting will be led by Vice Moderator Rev. Mark Gauen and Stated Clerk Rev. Sally Robinson.
- 3:30 p.m. THE PRESBYTERY IS CALLED BY THE HOLY SPIRIT – “CONVENING THE MEETING”
Declaration of a Quorum and Formation of the Roll – Rev. Sally Robinson
- Adoption of the Meeting Agenda
- Greetings from Host Pastor – Rev. Desiree Youngblood
- TO WORSHIP GOD
- Pentecost Offering (One of the Four Special Offerings of the PC (U.S.A.) This offering, normally received on Pentecost, helps the church encourage, develop and support its young people. The Pentecost offering supports children at risk, youth ministries and Young Adult Volunteers. The congregation can decide how to use its 40% to make an impact on the lives of young people in their own communities.
- TO STEWARD CHRIST’S WORK
Introduction of Guests, New Commissioners, Seating of Corresponding Members
- Staff Reports
Rev. Dr. Jeannie Harsh, Executive Presbyter
Rev. Sally Robinson, Stated Clerk
Announcement of New Business
(Please present New Business items to the stated clerk before the convening of the meeting. Items will be discussed after the scheduled agenda items.)
- TO CELEBRATE CHRIST’S MISSION – Commission/Committee Reports
- Rev. Rick Nutt, Report on the Advisory Committee on Social Witness Policy – Rev. Rick Nutt
CRE Dr. Robert Gustafson , Commission for Presbytery Operations
- Rev. Ann Melick, Commission for Church Professionals
Rev. Dr. Jeri-Lynne Bouterse, Commission for Congregational Life
Rev. Mary Gause, Commission for Nurture and Outreach
Elder Carla Mavis, Coordinating Team