Why Pay Per Capita and Support Mission?
Why pay Per Capita and support Mission?
- Our theological identity
- Our connectedness
- Our system of mid councils which allows elder and minsters to discern the mind of Christ
- Our ecumenical connections that make us part of the church universal
- Our core structures that keep us together as a church
- Our call to work for full participation in decision-making
- To further the mission of Jesus Christ around the world.
God, our creator, has given us all that we have and all that we are. God has given us work to do and calls us to use our talents and resources for the good of all. Per Capita and Mission Giving are the ways all Presbyterians participate in building up the “kin-dom” of God.
Per Capita and Mission giving are the ways all Presbyterians share costs that belong to the whole church, support administrative and mission ministries, and give meaning to the interdependent nature of being Presbyterian.
Through the financial commitment, support and generous giving of our congregations, the presbytery, synod and general assembly can make a difference in the world.
The Westminster Confession says,
All believers, are therefore, under obligation to sustain the ordinances of the Christian religion where they are already established, and to contribute by their prayers, gifts, and personal efforts to the extension of the Kingdom of God throughout the whole earth. (6.058)
God, our creator, has given us all that we have and all that we are. God has given us work to do and calls us to use our talents and resources for the good of all.
Per Capita and Mission Giving are the ways all Presbyterians participate in building up the “kin-dom” of God.
2022 Per Capita…$40 Per Member
The Presbytery approved $40 Per Capita for 2022. The 2022 Per Capita is based on the congregations’ reported membership for December 31, 2020. Scioto Valley Presbytery’s $40 Per Capita for 2022 is made up of:
- Presbytery of Scioto Valley – $27.80
- Synod of the Covenant – $ 3.25
- General Assembly – $ 8.95
Congregational Mission Giving
Congregations annually pledge mission dollars to support mission ministries in the presbytery and throughout the denomination. Each unrestricted dollar given will be divided:
- Scioto Valley Presbytery – 67%
- General Assembly (PCUSA) – 32%
- Synod of the Covenant – 1%
The Presbytery of Scioto Valley Mission and Vision Statement
Inspire, Strengthen, And Challenge Congregations For Christ’s Mission.